#hipaa #compliant #cloud #hosting
The Intuit Hosting Program allows end-users to have their licensed copies of QuickBooks desktop software installed on servers in an authorized remote hosting facility, and then access that software over the Internet on a virtual desktop via a secure connection and a web browser.
Intuit has created a special program to authorize certain hosting companies* to deliver authorized application hosting and management services to their respective customers who have purchased valid QuickBooks licenses for each product accessed and each user.
Are you using an Authorized Hosting Company?
Intuit partners with companies who are screened to help ensure your data is safe and the services you receive are of high quality.
To find out if your hosting company is authorized, check this list
Anytime, anywhere access
- Remotely access supported desktop versions of QuickBooks with just a web browser
- Connect with multiple office locations
- Easily update your data file when you’re on the road
- Automated backup
- Password-protected connections
- Off-site storage helps prevent data loss
Save on technology hassles
- Save money without onsite server costs and lower PC IT costs
- Save time hosting providers maintain the network for you
- Fewer technology headaches with fewer desktop application updates
Intuit Authorized Hosting Program benefits for small business customers
- Easy and compliant software license management. Customers can bring their existing QuickBooks licenses to an Authorized Host. The Authorized hosting program also enables a customer to lease QuickBooks licenses on a month-to-month basis. Only Intuit Authorized Commercial Hosts can issue new Intuit license codes for deployment in a hosted environment.
- Easy upgrades. Authorized Hosts gain early access to new software releases so they can be ready to deploy once a customer decides to upgrade their QuickBooks version.
- Access to Intuit technical support. Intuit technical support agents are trained to solve issues only with Authorized Hosts and/or their customers. A support issue arising from the infrastructure provided by unauthorized hosts may not receive any support.
Commercial Hosting Program
Authorized Commercial Hosts are independent professional data centers and remote hosting companies who provide legally-authorized application hosting services to QuickBooks end users including accountants, bookkeepers, small businesses and other entities that wish to access and use their licensed QuickBooks desktop software via a remote hosting facility.
Commercial Hosts have the ability to host existing licensed copies of QuickBooks software AND to provide subscription services for new QuickBooks licenses, procured directly from Intuit, on a monthly rental basis (via a subscription licensing plan).
Standard Hosting Program
Authorized Standard Hosts are independent professional data centers and remote hosting companies who provide legally-authorized application hosting services to QuickBooks end users– including accountants, bookkeepers, small businesses and other entities that wish to access and use their licensed QuickBooks desktop software via a remote hosting facility.
Standard Hosts have the ability to host existing licensed copies of QuickBooks software only. No monthly subscription licensing is available.
Commercial Hosting Providers
For new or existing QuickBooks customers